Multi coloured Jelly Rolls

Members Makes in June

Christmas Mats with Y Seams

Hello everyone.

I hope you’re all ok and coping through these strange times. Personally, I can’t wait for the day when we can meet up again and take up where we left off. I haven’t done as much sewing as I used to do but I know I’m not the only one to lose their mojo and once we get back to normal, I’m sure it’ll come back.

The two Christmas mats are the latest things I’ve made. I found the picture on Pinterest and decided to use up some of my scraps and have a go. They were made using only diamonds, all the same size, and while they were not difficult to make, there were Y seams involved and they can be a bit tricky. I made the larger one first and then I reduced the size of the diamond from 2.5  to 2 inches to make the smaller one. I am happy with the results.

Take care. Hope to see you all soon.

Chris B.

Tissue Box Covers
Tissue Box Covers

 Hi everyone, hope you are all well.                     

Following the instructions from ‘Something to make in April’ I made these tissue box covers for the sales table. They were very quick to make and I found I could get two rectangular covers from the two fat quarters. The second photo shows the reverse side.                                                                     

Quilt for Linus

I have also finished another Linus quilt.

Janet C.

Needle Case

Hello everyone, I am still using the remnants from the face masks with a log cabin hexagon and fussy cut centres. 

Hilda R.

Hi everyone.  Sorry I have nothing to display.  I am still working on my grandson’s quilt but its slow progress!   I usually work in the conservatory but its been very hot lately so reluctant to do a lot out there!!! 

I do enjoy reading about our other members and hope you get some entries.


Take care : Maureen M.

Toddlers Play Mat

Hello everyone, you may remember that last month I had completed this quilt top from Quilters World Magazine.  

As it was for a 1st birthday present, I needed to get it completed by the end of May, and here is the end result.

The shapes are appliqued on, and I have quilted it by meandering around with white thread to give a stippling affect.

One of the catching features about this, is that you use offcuts from the various colours, to create a mutli-coloured binding, which I think looks quite effective.

Stippling and applique
Contrast Back of Quilt

I preferred a different colour to white for the back, as the quilt is likely to get dirty more quickly, so I went for red.  With some advice from Chris B, I washed the red fabric (in the end three times),  using a colour catcher, and in the last wash put an offcut of the white fabric in too.  When the final wash was finished, I could see that the white fabric was still white, so it was now safe to quilt.

Lettering with eyes

I also made a drawstring bag with the left overs of the red fabric, and decided to embroider the baby’s name using my embroidery machine.  As you can see, I used a font, where each letter has eyes at the top to give the bag some character.

Carolynne P